The Fashion Week in Milan is officially over ( Feb 22 to 28th 2017) and I am already in Paris !
MILAN Fashion Week was full of energy and power drives with a lot of differences, styles, and strong highlights. The Italian Luxury Fashion industry is proposing this year great collections, a variety of styles that will help the global luxury fashion business to do well round the world.
Amongst all the Brands I have seen in Milan, GUCCI has been the most powerful one for its consistency, creative work and business excellency. Congratulations to Alessandro Michele the creative Director and Marco Bizzarri, the CEO for this excellent collection.
Truly, Michele is applying his ethos "I am trying to follow my rules, not the fashion rules". And by breaking all rules, he is inventing new rules. GUCCI management is really talking about a disruptive strategy that makes creative and business sense.
Craziness, mixing Italian and English influences, aristocracy, madness, eccentricity busy, rich, eclectic, this is the new GUCCI brand reinvented. Michele is like the Alchemist of the Luxury Fashion World. And all he has touched turns to gold for KERING, their parent company.
BRAVO Alessandro Michele é BRAVO Marco Bizarri for this incredible GUCCI REINVENTION !
- ALBERTA FERRETTI : I love her collection….Because, on the first day of the show, she did a very romantic collection all inspired by Venice, the Grand Canal, the Piazza st Marco and its Lion. And beyond the theme, she remains in her own style and brand, the Art of the "Flou", "Draping".
- AQUILANO REMONDI :Tommaso AQUILANO and Roberto REMONDI have both a great talent, mixing masculine and feminine lines combined in tailoring black, metallic and monochrome. A Fashion Brand to follow in the future!
- BOTTEGA VENETA : Tomas Maier beautiful collection was 1940's in its inspiration for a contemporary woman and on a rather different vibe for an elegant men collection. Here we start to feel the difficulty for fashion designer to combine men and women collection when the inspiration for both genders is not exactly in line. It is creating a blitz on the runway. The Brand is working to evolve and you felt during the show. Bottega Veneta is part of the KERING Group.
- DIESEL BLACK GOLD : The designer Andreas Melbostad, created an elongated silhouette, grungy, cool, modern romantic, with his design ethos: construction / deconstruction, hybridization and masculine sartorial ingredients. This Brand spins off of DIESEL, could potentially getting stronger. Food for thought for OTB, Renzo and Stefano Rosso.
- DOLCE GABBANA : Great creativity and energy, with a strong family spirit, men, women, kids this year combined with strong digital social media with a space age vaguely declined theme. The show was full of energy and fun. Well done Dominico and Stefano. A real Rinacimento ! A real Renaissance !
- EMILIO PUCCI: Massimo Georgetti creates a collection that brings summer in the winter, full of the PUCCI pattern signature. A cool collection from a Italian brand that belongs to LVMH.
- ETRO : A collection with a hippy chic touches combining the Machu Piccu and the Tibet. Veronica ETRO has created outfits for the "ETRO Paisley Tribe", for a beautiful and cool and... Powerful woman!
- FAUSTO PUGLISI : I like the men fashion of Fausto. In this women collection, he breaks code, mixes and matches. It could have done it even better by pre-editing his show differently.
- FENDI: A superb collection made by Silvia Fendi and Karl Lagerfeld. This collection call " its the morning after the night before" plays with pun and time lines. Red and Brown is the new black, combined with Fendi Fur art. And don't forget your red boots ! Fendi is one major Brand within the LVMH group.
- GIORGIO ARMANI : A nice collection, a classic one too.
- MAX MARA : Coats, Coats, Coats... the icon product was on the catwalk under the design of the British designer Ian Griffiths.
- MISSONI : Angela Missoni offers a beautiful collection and celebrate proudly the 20 years at the helm of this house created by her parents in 1953. Abstracts colorful pattern and harmony were everywhere in the collection inspired by the Monta Rosa, the mount she sees from her office.
- MOSCHINO : Jeremy Scott plays it with humor and design, obsessed by cardboard, shipping and logistics ! And then he went for the 2cd part of the show on colors and pattern , and then a chic elegance. Couture is an atitude !
- MSGM : This Brand created by Massimo Georgetti is a brand to follow.
- PHILOSOPHY BY LORENZO SERAFINI : A strong collection, Creative and Commercial, Just right.
- PRADA : Miuccia offer us a collection triggered by the "City of Women" the movie by Federico Fellini. 1960's, 1970's, PRADA again is reinventing her style this season.
- SALVADORE FERRAGAMO : It is the 2cd Fashion collection by Fulvio Rigoni for Salvatore Ferragamo. For the shoes design, Paul Andrew is in charge. A Cold, Sharp, Elegant collection. Efficient. Is that enough?
- TOD'S : Diego Della Valle has oriented his fashion brand toward outerwear, help by the creative director Alessandra Facchinetti. This makes sense for a leather and shoes house. The full collection was right and aligned on the strategy of the House.
- VERSACE : I really like all the works of Donatella in her last collections. And here again for this last season, it was all spotted again. Glam female power, no compromise, and the claims of UNITY, COURAGE, LOYALTY, LOVE, "A Call for unity and the strengths that comes from positivity and hope" according to the own words of Donatella.
- Paris Fashion Week Feb28 to March 8th 2017 – It has started and it is going to be an excellent season ….Read me Soon !
If you are interested to know more, do not hesitate to reach for me directly or one of the member of the FASHION & ACCESSORIES Practice.
THE LUXURY CONSULTING COMPANY is a global international Strategic & Business Consulting Firm fully dedicated to The Luxury Industry.
· INDUSTRY : Fashion & Accessories, Perfumes & Cosmetics, Watches & Jewelry, Homeware & Interior Design, Wines & Spirits, Retail , Hotels & Resorts & Cruises and Art are among our major industry practices.
· SERVICES: Strategy, Brand, Marketing & Sales, Creativity & Innovation, Products & Services, Communication, Globalization, Digital Business and Operations are among our major service practices.
· INTERNATIONAL: As a global international Management Consulting Company, we cover Europe, Americas, Asia Pacific & Middle East, with offices and correspondents in Paris, London & Moscow for West & East Europe, New York for North & South America, Shanghai & Honk Kong for Asia Pacific and Dubai for the Middle East.
· EQUITY FUNDS & CAPITAL VENTURES: We do collaborate with the Best Equity Funds & Capital Venture Firms and Top 10 World Investment Banking & Consulting Firms.