The Fashion Week in London is over ( 17th to 21th of February 2017).
London was full of creativity, extravaganza, colors, optimism but also combined with a classic British rigor and severity and some exotic flavors.
Christopher BAILEY has a made a collection that reconnects BURBERRY in a very creative side at a moment where a lot of changes are happening including the arrival of a new CEO from CELINE ( LVMH), to BURBERRY, Marco GOBETTI, a luxury talented veteran.
BURBERRY, brought back the capes as one of the historic classic of the house as the trench. The See Now Buy Now is available also for custom order. The set at Makers House, and the show combined a nice story with the beautiful Henry Moore foundation.
The New advertising campaign has been shot in the garden of the foundation.
- ANISH, I love it. It was crazy colorful, and telling us his perception of Fashion and what is happening in the world and in fashion. USA... in London ! "More Glitter, less Twitter, Pussy Grabs Back, USA Unfinished Business" were part of the written slogans denouncing Trumpism.
- CHRISTOPHER KANE, the confirmation of a great talent - a Brand with a strong potential part of the KERING Group ( 51 % acquired in January 2013)- that could back it and develop it to its full potential.
- ERDEM, patchwork, feminity, Elegance with eastern exotic flavors confirm the talent of Erdem Moralogliou that mix English and Turkish influences.
- GARETH PUGH, theatrical and gothic, mix with a bizarre atmosphere all black sharply tailored pieces and remind the Night Porter movie, a powerful black collection that hits you like a punch fist ... is it what the market is looking for
- HUISHAN ZHANG: Lace and white, a romantic innocence for this young Chinese designer that mix eastern and western culture. He was handpicked by Delphine Arnaud to spend his last year for an internship at Dior.
- JOSEPH, In line with their philosophy even if Joseph is gone. It is Louise Trotter that recreates classic with a cool and modern edge. I like it.
- JW. ANDERSON, a talent with energy that has a arty signature this season. His Brand is backed by LVMH and this Brand has a tremendous potential. Moreover Jonathan Anderson has been picked up as the creative director of LOEWE ( potentially the Spanish Luxury Brand) owned by LVMH.
- MARY KATRANTZOU, a nice collection with a new esthetic and sequined collection. A great talent that could be business blossomed even further!
- HALPERN, Michael Harpers, is one a the talent that impresses me this time with his disco glamour... One to follow.
- MULBERRY, a strong collection, within the DNA of the Brand that will help the sales of the Bags under the creative leadership of John Coca and Thierry Andretta the CEO.
- SAINT MARTIN, This is the graduate show of one of the best fashion school in the world, where you can select future talents. Crazy creativity and London eccentricities.
- SIMONE ROCHA, An original specific collection with 3 generations on the catwalk, for Simone that has received the 2016 Harper's Bazaar Designer of year award.
Be ready now for the next Fashion Stop
- Milan Fashion Week Feb22 to 28th
- Paris Fashion Week Feb28 to March 8th
If you are interested to know more, do not hesitate to reach for me directly or one of the member of the FASHION & ACCESSORIES Practice.
THE LUXURY CONSULTING COMPANY is a global international Strategic & Business Consulting Firm fully dedicated to The Luxury Industry.
· INDUSTRY : Fashion & Accessories, Perfumes & Cosmetics, Watches & Jewelry, Homeware & Interior Design, Wines & Spirits, Retail , Hotels & Resorts & Cruises and Art are among our major industry practices.
· SERVICES: Strategy, Brand, Marketing & Sales, Creativity & Innovation, Products & Services, Communication, Globalization, Digital Business and Operations are among our major service practices.
· INTERNATIONAL: As a global international Management Consulting Company, we cover Europe, Americas, Asia Pacific & Middle East, with offices and correspondents in Paris, London & Moscow for West & East Europe, New York for North & South America, Shanghai & Honk Kong for Asia Pacific and Dubai for the Middle East.
· EQUITY FUNDS & CAPITAL VENTURES: We do collaborate with the Best Equity Funds & Capital Venture Firms and Top 10 World Investment Banking & Consulting Firms.